Monday, February 14, 2011

'World’s Fair' by Hugh Behm-Steinberg


   
April 17, 1990, while listening to Ray Bradbury


              They were
                 architecture,
            they were cities of the
                     future and
                I was
                   dedicated
                       to building
               them and from
                    the lessons I
                     learned
            I tell
                this old story,
               I’ve told
                   it hundreds of times,
           Never
              tear up the future again,
                   Never listen to fools.
            The love pays back.
          If you love King Kong above
                 all the apes in the world
                         you’ll be hired,
                    just look at me
                                I am an
                             amalgam of loves.





(published in Grand Street 45, 1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment